What’s New in South Florida and the Treasure Coast Markets
Luxury Homes and Lifestyles – July 2020
- What’s New in South Florida and the Treasure Coast Markets
- Luxury Homes and Lifestyles – July 2020
- Happy July 4th INDEPENDENCE DAY 2020 in Boca Raton, Port St Lucie and the Treasure Coast!
- July 4th Independence Day is over now, but there are also links to lots of local amenities in the post
- Palm Beach County and Treasure Coast Covid-19 Status and Restrictions
- Addison Reserve Featured Golf Tips Video – Short Game Versatility – 3 Shots to Try
- The Home Buying Process
- How Much House Can You Afford?
- Market Trends Updates for May, 2020 / June Available July 6, 2020
- Hurricane Isaias is Florida’s First Hurricane of the 2020 Hurricane Season –
- July 29th through July 30th, 2020
- Hurricane Preparedness Q & A Video for Port St Lucie / Treasure Coast area
- July 4th Independence Day News – I will break events down by area, but right now they are on this main page
- – What to Do This July 4th Holiday Weekend in the Treasure Coast
- – What to Do This July 4th Holiday Weekend in Boca Raton and Palm Beach County
- Palm Beach County and Treasure Coast COVID-19 Status and Restrictions – Quick Highlights – working on a post
- Addison Reserve (AR) Featured Golf Tips Video – Short Game Versatility – 3 Different Shots to Try
- Hurricane Isaias is Florida’s First Hurricane of the 2020 Hurricane Season – July 29th through July 30th, 2020 – thankfully was only a tropical storm for South Florida and a non-hurricane event!
- Home Buying Process page is being updated and expanded
- What House Can I Afford plus new real estate calculators added in the Mortgage Finance Center
- South Florida Area Market Reports Available for May 2020 / June Available by July 6th
This post will be updated throughout the month, so come back and check for more info, and view other months’ posts in the What’s New in South Florida Waterfront Homes and Condos Blog category.
This July 4th Independence Day Celebrations will be a little more relaxed and subdued compared to prior years, but there are still plenty of things to do and virtual events presented by our cities!
Be Still and Enjoy the holidays. Enjoy vacation time. Enjoy time with family and friends. Enjoy time doing nothing.
Visit the page to see Independence Day activities and events happening this year in Boca Raton and Palm Beach County, and Port St Lucie and The Treasure Coast.
Palm Beach County and Treasure Coast Covid-19 Status and Restrictions
Here are some Quick Highlights: I’m working on a post and will provide links to more detailed information:
- Businesses and restaurants / retail, and country clubs, are open in various stages – minimum practicing CDC guidelines of safe distancing when possible, otherwise wearing masks
- – Broward and Miami-Dade had passed the requirement weeks ago with fines if not worn in public places
- – Palm Beach County, Martin County and St Lucie counties just passed them or are in the process of passing and/ or starting implementation
- Beaches in all counties have been open since May but all counties passed the regulation to be closed the 3 day Independence Day holiday from about midnight July 2nd through 5-7 am Tuesday July 6th to avoid too many people being out at the beaches and the possibility of passing on infections.
Today’s AR Golf Tips Featured Video is from PGA Professional Frank Lostaglio. Bring some versatility to your Short Game with these 3 Variations on Short Game Shots!
Love those golf course views as well! For more information on the Addison Reserve Community, membership and amenities, and homes, visit the
This page is being updated and expanded with more local information and tips on property taxes, insurance and mortgage information.
Also visit the Mortgage Finance Center; main page for Mortgage programs, Affordability Worksheets and Calculators.
View the updated Market Trends and Reports for May for various cities in Palm Beach County, St Lucie and Martin Counties. These reports automatically update around the 5th of the month so check back and keep up to date!
Hurricane Isaias is Florida’s First Hurricane of the 2020 Hurricane Season –
July 29th through July 30th, 2020
Hurricane Isaias was Florida’s first hurricane skirting Florida’s east coast as a very disorganized tropical storm only about 10 miles off the Southeast Florida and Treasure Coast areas. The western wall and wind depths were very narrow so we basically did not have any wind or rain effects. It was a Category 1 Hurricane over the islands and continued to be a threat because you never know how the storm can jog in it’s path and strengthen overnight. Luckily we were spared a hurricane event. There is a big difference though in 35 mile per hour winds and 75 mile an hour hurricane winds so we always need to be prepared.
Here is an excellent Hurricane Preparednes Q & A Facebook Live Video for the Port St Lucie area. Mayor Gregory J. Oravec and Emergency Operations Administrator Christina Proulx answer your questions, address any concerns and stress the importance of being proactive when it comes to hurricane preparedness.
I will be doing a Hurricane Preparedness section for the South Florida Area and will link to it here and in future Monthly posts. Forecasts call for a very active hurricane season.
Stay up-to-date with this monthly post on general area news and website updates with links to relevant articles. I cover from Boca Raton to Port St Lucie, Vero Beach and the Treasure Coast and this running blog post will be updated throughout the month with brief summaries, breaking news and links to new pages or articles.
This post will be updated throughout the month, so come back and check for more info and other months’ posts in the What’s New in South Florida Waterfront Homes and Condos Blog category.