What’s New in South Florida and the Treasure Coast Markets
Luxury Homes and Lifestyles – June 2020
- Happy Father’s Day – Best Wishes for an Amazing Day to all Dads !!
- June is National HOMEOWNERSHIP MONTH – what are the benefits of home ownership! Do you have any other benefits to add?
- 3 Reasons This Recession and Real Estate Market Related to COVID-19 is Not a Housing Crisis Like 2008
- Home Buying Process page is being updated and expanded
- What House Can I Afford plus new real estate calculators added in the Mortgage Finance Center
- South Florida Area Market Reports Available for May 2020
This post will be updated throughout the month, so come back and check for more info, and view other months’ posts in the What’s New in South Florida Waterfront Homes and Condos Blog category.
The month of June celebrates the benefits of homeownership, and for first time buyers or if you would like some advice on your financial situation HUD has approved counselling companies that can help you. There are 30% less foreclosures of buyers that have gone through the counselling – there is a link to HUD’s website of approved agencies throughout Florida.
View the benefits and see if there are any others you would add?
The article also explains the 3 reasons people are ready to buy a home in the next year:
- low mortgage rates
- they have had reduced spending the last several months and have saved some additional money
- they have had a chance to re-evaluate their current home and may want to take advantage of moving to another one more suitable or out further in the suburbs.
This article was posted in May but is good information for the current real estate market and shows graphs of previous recessions related to housing prices and major financial institutions projections for expected growth the rest of this year.
This page is being updated and expanded with more local information and tips on property taxes, insurance and mortgage information. Also visit the Mortgage Finance Center main page for Mortgage programs, Affordability Worksheets and Calculators.
View the updated Market Trends and Reports for May for various cities in Palm Beach County, St Lucie and Martin Counties. These reports automatically update around the 5th of the month so check back and keep up to date!
Stay up-to-date with this monthly post on general area news and website updates with links to relevant articles. I cover from Boca Raton to Port St Lucie, Vero Beach and the Treasure Coast and this running blog post will be updated throughout the month with brief summaries, breaking news and links to new pages or articles.
This post will be updated throughout the month, so come back and check for more info and other months’ posts in the What’s New in South Florida Waterfront Homes and Condos Blog category.