Questions to Ask When Hiring a Realtor
- Are you a FULL time Realtor who works exclusively in a Real Estate practice and is committed to a long term, higher level of service?
- Are you currently active in your local and/or state Board of Realtors? Do you participate by serving on committees and attending as many Realtor events as possible so you can network with the top people in the industry and keep yourself educated and abreast of the issues at hand?
- Do you participate in ongoing business development programs for Referrals and Customer Service? Do you participate in programs that help you to continue to improve and maximize all of your strategies, systems and processes?
- Before we agree to work together will you do a ‘listening presentation’ to give us a chance to get to know each other and so you can learn all of my ‘wants?’
- Do you offer Exclusive Buyer Agency? Will you explain all levels of agency representation and how they apply and affect me?
- Are you fully ‘automated?’ Are you connected to the business with all of the necessary tools of the day? (Computers and the latest in software programs, cellular telephones, fax machines, voice mail or pager systems … all of those high-tech things which will help you be ultra-responsive to each of my Real Estate needs).
- After I have purchased my new home, do you have systems in place which will insure that you contact me on a regular basis to keep me current on market conditions? Will you continue your relationship with me even when I am not buying or selling real estate?
- Where does your business come from and what are your objectives and priorities in your business and marketing plans to generate transactions? What percentage of your business comes from referrals and how important is this for you? How much time do you spend prospecting versus working on finding me a home?
- Do you seize every possible opportunity to attend professional seminars and courses to consistently ‘sharpen your tools’ and stay at the cutting edge. What real estate specialty designations have you received or are you pursuing?
- Can you give me 5 good reasons why I should work with you over another Realtor?
For additional information, please see these related pages:
- My Professional Experience and Education
- How to Hire a Realtor / Real Estate Consultant
- Coldwell Banker, Company Profile