What’s New in South Florida and the Treasure Coast Markets
Luxury Homes and Lifestyles – October 2020
- What’s New in South Florida and the Treasure Coast Markets
- Luxury Homes and Lifestyles – October 2020
- Florida August 2020 Housing Market Update – Sales Super Hot, Inventory Still Tight
- Mortgage Rates Decrease
- Florida and South Florida Housing Market for September 2020
- Tracking The COVID-19 Curve in Florida by Totals and Also Daily Totals
- The Home Buying Process
- How Much House Can You Afford?
- Market Trends Updates for August, 2020 / September Available October 6, 2020
- CHECK THE BLOG FOR MORE ARTICLES
- Florida Realtors Association August 2020 Housing Market Update – Sales Super Hot, Inventory Still Tight
- Freddie Mac PMMS Weekly Survey Mortgage Rates as of October 1, 2020 – Mortgage Rates Drop to 2.88% Fixed Rate, Hitting a Record Low for the Eighth Time this Year
- South Florida Area Market Reports September for August 2020 / October Available by November 6th
- South Florida and Florida Housing Market Statistics for September 2020
- Palm Beach County and Treasure Coast COVID-19 Status and Restrictions – Quick Highlights
- Home Buying Process page is being updated and expanded
- What House Can I Afford plus new real estate calculators added in the Mortgage Finance Center
- Here are some charts from John Hopkins University on Tracking Florida COVID -19 Cases and Deaths by Overall Totals and By Daily Totals – UPDATED DAILY
This post will be updated throughout the month, so come back and check for more info, and view other months’ posts in the What’s New in South Florida Waterfront Homes and Condos Blog category.
More sales, higher median prices, more new pending sales and more new listings year-over-year. Single-family sales up 8.8%; condo sales up 10.3% – and sales in the upper price tiers paved the way for the surge, says Chief Economist Dr. Brad O’Connor.
View the article for a summary and Video showing charts of sales, pending contracts and inventory.
Mortgage Rates Decrease
October 1, 2020
As a result of low mortgage rates that have stayed under three percent since July, the housing market has seen a strong, upward trajectory during a very uncertain time. We’re seeing potential home buyers who now have more purchasing power and many current homeowners who have the option to refinance their loan for a better rate. However, several factors could disrupt this activity including high home prices, low inventory and lender capacity.
Freddie Mac PMMS Weekly Survey of Mortgage Rates as of October 1, 2020:
* 30 Year Fixed Rate – 2.88% with .8 fees / points
* 15 Year Fixed Rate – 2.36% with .7 fees / points
* 5/1 ARM (Adjustable) – 2.9% with .2 fees / points
Florida Realtors®’ data: Sales, median prices, new pending sales and new listings rose year-over-year. Single-family sales up 22%; condo sales up 25.3% – and in a milestone, 2020 single-family sales over last 9 months beat the same timeframe in 2019, says Chief Economist O’Connor.
Sales in all the 5 South Florida Counties were up double- digits over September 2019 and months of inventory range from 1.9 to 2.9 for single family and 3.3 to 6.5 for townhomes /condos.
View the article for a summary and video showing charts of sales, pending contracts and inventory.
Tracking The COVID-19 Curve in Florida by Totals and Also Daily Totals
Here are some charts from John Hopkins University on Tracking the COVID -19 Cases and Deaths by Overall Totals and By Daily Totals. The Charts update daily about 9:00 PM
This page is being updated and expanded with more local information and tips on property taxes, insurance and mortgage information.
Also visit the Mortgage Finance Center; main page for Mortgage programs, Affordability Worksheets and Calculators.
View the updated Market Trends and Reports for August for various cities in Palm Beach County, St Lucie and Martin Counties. These reports automatically update around the 5th of the month so check back and keep up to date!