Treasure Coast Legislature
to Protect Our Natural Resources
Message from Congressman Brian Mast
Celebrate Earth Day
“I am inspired each and every day by the members of our communities who wake up every single day determined to clean up our waters and protect our environment.
Your commitment to doing just that is one of the reasons that my job is so truly special. Together, we have made a lot of great progress for our communities and our environment”, from Congressman Mast. Here are some links for more information on major Legislature:
- The Jupiter Island Land Transfer Act to protect additional land and the animals that live there by adding it to the Nathaniel P. Reed Hobe Sound National Wildlife Refuge.
- The Harmful Algal Bloom and Hypoxia Research and Control Act to secure additional resources for communities impacted by harmful algal blooms.
- Authorizing the EAA Southern Storage Reservoir to help drastically reduce the need for discharges to the coasts.
- Forcing the Army Corps to Rewrite the Lake Okeechobee Regulation Schedule that determines when they discharge water from Lake O.
- Permanently reauthorizing the Land and Water Conservation Fund to protect our public lands and clean up our waterways.
- And so much more!
On this Earth Day, let’s celebrate the great progress we’ve made and remember to keep the good fight going!