A great time to start planning for that spring clean-up is now. Spring is just around the corner and here is a list of some ideas to get you started with your own Spring Cleaning Plan.
1. Thoroughly dust your home and clean air conditioning and heating filters, ducts, and vents to decrease your exposure to pollens and other airborne allergens.
2. Dust down the ceiling and corners of walls, the ceiling fans, all the pictures and paintings on the walls. Everything you would normally avoid because it doesn’t get “dirty”.
3. Clean all mold and mildew from bathrooms, the kitchen areas other damp areas with non-toxic cleaning products.
4. Inspect outdoor playground equipment and be sure that it remains sturdy and in good repair.
5. Change the batteries in your smoke detector and carbon monoxide detector.
6. Take down curtains and blinds to wash or have cleaned.
7. Clean out kitchen cabinets. All those odds and ends and things you could not find for the last 6 months are probably packed all the way in the back of those cabinets.
8. Collect old batteries throughout the house for disposal in a battery recycling or hazardous waste center.
9. Sort winter clothes for tossing, donating, tag sales, or storage.
10. Set aside garage sale items, drop off donations, and haul garbage to the dump or dumpster.
An excellent way to get all the supplies you need beforehand is to check out Home Depot’s coupons and specials before you head down to your local store. It’s fast, safe and convenient to shop their website online and you get the added benefit of savings.